Conduct while using facilities:
All individuals who use the facilities/activity areas within the Snow College Horne Activity Center are expected to follow the established rules and regulations. The cooperation of all parties using the Horne Activity Center will assist in keeping it clean and orderly. Individuals misusing the facilities or not adhering to the rules and regulations will be immediately removed from the facility and have their privileges revoked and forfeit all paid fees.
Another exception would be for athletic events when Sacco is selling concessions or catering event.
When checking out equipment from Issue Room you will be asked to leave collateral for the item. (This also applies to Snow Students that are in PE classes). Collateral that is accepted Driver’s License or a Student ID card. Anyone under 16 may leave other items for collateral such as a shoe, hat. (Keys, Wallets, Backpacks cannot be left for collateral.)
1. All Patrons using either Gym (Main Gym or Lifetime Sports Gym) must check in at the Issue Room. Before using any portion of the facility including the gym, each person must get a wristband and wear it at all times.
2. Hanging on basketball rims is prohibited.
3. Wear only shoes that do not mark the gym floor.
4. Only capped, spill-proof water bottles are allowed.
(NO gum, food, or other drinks are allowed except during athletic events & other events in the AC when concession stand is open.)
5. Swearing, offensive language, or behavior, roughhousing, and fighting will not be tolerated.
6. No spitting on the floor or AC equipment; if you need to spit use a garbage can.
7. Basketballs may be checked out at the Issue Room. Picture ID is required for checkout for adults/students. Kids must leave something of value for collateral.
8. People found in violation of these rules may have their gym privileges suspended or revoked.
9. Patrons are fully responsible for personal items that are lost, stolen, or damaged while using AC facilities’s. Snow College & Snow College AC is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.
1. No running on deck
2. No diving in the shallow end
3. No gum ever in the pool
4. No flotation devices in the deep end (unless for a class)
5. No shoulders (chicken fights)
6. No inflatable tubes unless being used by an infant with direct parental supervision &
7. Everyone must have a wrist band (unless part of a class or team)
8. No flips from the side of the pool (diving board is okay)
9. No splashing the lifeguard on purpose (one warning only)
10. If you are too rough, you will be asked to stop
11. You must be able to swim the width of the pool unassisted to be in the deep end
12. No swimming under the diving boards or in the way of those using the boards
13. Lifejackets must be worn properly at all times
14. Children not potty-trained must wear three layers of protection in order to swim
15. Instructions by the lifeguard must be obeyed at all times
Diving Board Rules
1. No hanging on the Board
2. You must jump or step off
3. No handstands, cartwheels, sitting, or hitting your bottom on the board
4. Only one person on the board at a time, including the ladder
5. You must jump straight off the end of the board, not off the sides
6. You must swim to the side closest to you after you jump off the board
7. You can not catch someone who is jumping off the board
8. Only one bounce is allowed on the diving board
9. You may not jump off the board with goggles or a mask
10. You must wait for the person before you to get back to the side before you jump
11. No splashing the lifeguard on purpose (one warning only)
Children not potty-trained
Snow College Activity Center Swimming Pool requires 3 layers for children not potty-trained. To minimize the time we have to close the pool due to exposure to fecal matter, it is required to dress all children that are not potty-trained with three layers of protection (swim diaper, swim diaper cover, swimsuit). State law requires these three layers for everyone’s safety. The reusable swim diapers cover may be purchased for $4.00, and Swim Diapers may be purchased for $1.00 at the issue room. Thanks for your cooperation.
The Horne Activity Center houses 3 racquetball courts. These courts may also be set up to play wally ball. Racquets, racquetballs, and goggles as well as wally ball equipment are available at the issue room.
• Anyone under the age of 13 must have adult supervision.
To operate in a fun, fair, and safe environment, our racquetball courts are open on a reservation basis. If a court is open upon arrival, simply reserve it with the staff at the Issue Room Desk. You can reserve a court at the top of the hour for one hour. If your hour is up and you want to play longer come out and check to see if someone has reserved it. If it isn’t reserved you can reserve it for another hour. The maximum number of reservations in a row is two. Patrons may reserve a court up to twenty-four hours in advance by leaving a name and best contact number. All reservations will be forfeited after ten minutes. Reservations are tracked by our staff on the board at the issue room.
Eyewear - Patrons are strongly encouraged to wear protective eyewear when playing racquetball. Eye protection is available for checkout at the issue room, and is required for anyone who borrows a Horne Activity Center racquet. Collateral must be left for items checked out of issue room.
Racquets - Patrons are able to check out racquetball racquets from the issue room. Anytime items are checked out from issue room you must leave collateral.
Shoes - In helping to preserve the courts, all participants are asked to wear non-marking athletic shoes. Running shoes, athletic sandals, water footwear, hiking and cowboy boots, or any other shoe not designed for exercise use, are inappropriate for the racquetball courts.
Water - Is restricted from racquetball courts both for your safety and to protect the wood flooring.
For any items checked out of from the Horne Activity Center issue room collateral must be left. Collateral can be a driver’s license or student ID card. For children a hat or shoe is acceptable.
1. All Patrons using the facility must check in at the Issue Room and must wear a wrist band at all times.
2. Patrons must be 16 years old or older to use the Fitness Center.
3. Only capped, spill proof water bottles are allowed. (NO gum, food, or other drinks are permitted.)
4. Slamming or dropping weight equipment is not tolerated.
5. Offensive or hostile language and/or swearing is not allowed anywhere in the Horne Activity Center.
6. Do not remove the free weights or dumb bells from Fitness Center. Do not drop weights.
7. Please do not spit on or around any equipment in the facility, use a garbage can.
8. All equipment is first come first serve.
9.During peak times there is a 30-minute time limit on cardio equipment. Please do not do multiple sets on weight machines during busy times.
10. Please do not block or rest on machines.
11. Workout clothes including athletic shoes and shirt must be worn at all times. (No open toed shoes or sandals are allowed.) Jeans are allowed only during class times, all other times workout clothes must be worn.
12.If there is a problem with one of the machines please let the Issue Room worker know.